He has over 14 years of relevant financial experience in positions such as Trading Room Manager, OTC Derivatives Market-maker, Risk Manager, Quantitative Trader, Hedge Fund Analyst, Portfolio Manager, Quant. Developer, Head Big Data Scientist and consultant to multiple Banks, Pension Funds, Family Offices, Hedge Funds, Brokers and Multinational Companies both in the Americas and Europe.
Highly specialised in the application of Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning) to trading and investment management portfolios across Equities, spot FX, Commodities, Derivatives, Fixed Income and ETFs.
He has lectured multiple courses on Trading, Quantitative Trading, Algorithmic Trading, Portfolio Management, Investment Management, Investment Advisory, Risk Management, Treasury Management, International Finance, Derivatives, Buy-side Operational Risk Management, Machine Learning and Big Data, Hedge Funds, Alternative Investments and High Frequency Trading, either as in-company institutional courses, open courses for private institutes, as well as at multiple Latin American Universities either as staff / visiting professor.
Andres has been officially awarded by the Uruguayan Catholic University as the “2014 MBA Professor of the Year” in its first prize edition, in recognition for his passion for financial markets, motivation, care and dedication to his students, selected by an official university poll among MBA graduates.
He delivers institutional-grade courses covering his fields of expertise in Spanish, English and Portuguese, being the head of LATAM Institutional Training at Knightsbridge Trading Academy.
Andres has authored and co-authored several books, magazine articles, academic papers as well as being a frequent visiting professor / speaker at conferences, being an expert in the fields of Trading, Risk Management, Hedge Funds, Derivatives, Portfolio Management, Investments, Big Data, and Artificial Intelligence methods applied to portfolio management and trading.
His main achievements and qualifications:
- MSc. Quantitative Finance – Alcala University (Spain)
- MSc Data Mining & Machine Learning – UNED University (Spain)
- Diploma in Hedge Fund Administration – Manchester University (UK)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Finance – UDELAR University (Uruguay)
- BSc in Chemical Engineering – UDELAR University (Uruguay)
- Member of the Professional Risk Managers Association (PRMIA)
- Big Data Analytics Specialisation coursework – Harvard University (USA)
- Investment Management Specialisation – Geneva University (Switzerland)